The votes are in and we can exclusively reveal the truck stops you have voted the very best in the country after the first round of our prestigious Truck Stop of the Year 2017 competition, in association with TomTom.
We’ve counted up hundreds of votes sent in by Truckstop News readers looking to celebrate their favourite roadside establishments – and without further ado (and in no particular order), here’s the list of the top eight as chosen by you:
- Ashford International Truck Stop (Ashford, TN24 0GB, 01233 502919)
- Route 74 Truckstop (Lesmahagow, ML11 0JN, 01555 896210)
- Lodge Farm Café (A17 Holbeach, PE12 8LT, 01406 424283)
- Junction 29 Truck Stop (Chesterfield, S42 5SA, 01246 599600)
- Langrick Railway Station Café (Langrick, 01205 280023)
- Chippenham Pit Stop (Chippenham, SN15 5LH, 01249 750645)
- PJM Lorry Park (Coventry, CV3 4PY, 02476 992866)
- Jacks Hill Cafe (Towcester, NN12 8ET, 01327 351350)
Over the coming weeks, our team of expert judges will be despatched to anonymously test and appraise each of the shortlisted truck stops and report on all the main aspects of the establishments – including the variety and quality of food, the range of facilities on offer, parking and security provision, fuel and AdBlue availability and more.
We’ll then pore over the results and reveal which one will be crowned our Truck Stop of the Year 2017.
But don’t forget, this year’s competition will also be naming winners in each of our three sub-categories: Best Facilities, Best Parking and Best Food.
We’d like to wish the very best of luck to each of the shortlisted truck stops – and of course pass on our thanks to all readers who took the time to vote in this year’s contest. Watch this space for the results very soon!