We have two fantastic Tamiya radio-controlled Volvo FH16 6×4 logging truck bundles up for grabs worth £800 each!
Trucking has once again teamed up with Japanese model-maker Tamiya to give away an all-new radio-controlled Volvo FH16-750 6×4 Globetrotter logging truck kit to two lucky readers.
Each of the two prize bundles includes model kit, radio, battery and charger worth a total of £800 each!
This R/C model assembly kit recreates the 750 bhp 16.1-litre turbocharged inline-six engined FH16 Globetrotter 6×4 timber truck with a realistic body, and a chassis featuring numerous metal parts. Gear changes are also possible via transmitter controls.
The model’s ladder frame features aluminium side channels with resin cross-members, and depictions of stakes and cab rear headboard use a durable combination of resin and metal.
Power from the front-mounted motor is delivered to rear axles via propeller shaft. A built-in differential gear on each axle enables smooth cornering, and highly-realistic suspension utilises metal leaf springs and friction dampers.
The model enjoys easy driving thanks to the float-mounted die-cast front and reinforced resin rear axles.
The highly accurate body captures the FH16 Globetrotter form, with stainless steel photo-etched front grille and cab interior details. In addition, a TR Mighty Tuned motor (35T) provides plenty of power, even when driving with loads.
To further enhance the vehicle, Tamiya Multi-Function Control Units (sold separately) offer light, sound and vibration operation raise realism to the next level. Engine sounds have been digitally recorded from actual trucks, and together with air horn, gear shifting, and many other realistic sounds, give you the feeling you are driving the real thing!
Headlights, brake lights, fog lamp, hazard lights and turn signal operations are also at your fingertips.
- Dimensions: Length: 733 mm, Width: 194 mm, Height: 306 mm
- Weight (with R/C equipment and battery pack): 4.35 kg (approx)
- Wheelbase: 363＋103 mm
- Tread: 155 mm (front), 138 mm (rear, double tyre)
- Chassis: Aluminum & polycarbonate resin ladder frame
- Suspension: Front/rear leaf springs
- Caster angle: 0° (front & rear)
- Camber angle: 0° (front & rear)
- Toe Angle: 0° (front & rear)
- Dampers: Aluminum dummy dampers (front & rear)
- Drivetrain: Rear double axle drive
- Transmission: Three-gear transmission (shifts operated via transmitter)
- Gear ratio: 32.49:1 (1st gear), 17.76:1 (2nd gear), 10.66:1 (3rd gear)
- Diff gear: Three-bevel differentials
- Motor: Type 540
- Tyre width/diameter: 30 mm /85 mm (front), 22 mm / 84 mm (rear)